• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Open Biz during BK plan?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoobie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NC

I am in the 35th month of a 43 month BK-13 payment plan. I want to purchase an existing small business that will do sales around 200k first year. I is currently breaking even...make a dollar lose a dollar. It is going to cost me 50k to start and will be fully funded by a private investor. Is this something that can be done (legally) during a BK plan? there will be no UCC filings if that means anything. Closing should be within a week. With being so far into BK plan and chance to pay it off after the 36th month I really don't want to have to tell the trustee all the details if I don't have to. What are some of the pros and cons. What path is suggested? any impute would be G R E A T L Y appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all

bigun

Do nothing until you spaek with your attorney.
There is a real chance that the payout to unsecured creditors will be increased. And yes, expect a number of questions from your trustee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">