• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Order for Reconveyance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JackieLoLo

Reconveyance

To Sally. Hi. I'm trying to find out what a reconveyance is too. I
paid off my condo's mortgage. I checked for months to find if the county recorder's office would show if my reconveyance status (because I had paid off my mortgage to the bank I got the mortgage from) would change to a deed status. It's been 2 years since I paid off my mortgage, 6 months since I got the bank to push through paperwork stating I got the reconveyance. I don't know if I am supposed to request a status change or if a reconveyance = deed. When I look up my property's info, there's a doc showing the deed is in the former owner's name. I found I got nowhere writing letters, emailing, calling. I had to go physically down to the county records office 200 miles away to get some info. I think I will have to pay a real estate lawyer to get info on what a reconveyance completely is, and if it is ok to keep my property's records with this status. Good luck to you.

Souix

SallyX said:
Can someone tell me what an Order for Reconveyance is? Thank you.

***Not sure what an "order" is but I know what a Reconveyance is. Did you payoff your Trust Deed?

Essentially what happens is when the bank gets paid off, they pull the original Deed of Trust and send it to the Trustee who prepares the Deed of Reconveyance and has it recorded. In doing this the Trust Deed with the paid off bank loan is now removed from the title records. A Deed of Reconveyance has nothing to do with who has title to the property. I would guess that an Order of Reconveyance is the bank ordering the trustee to prepare the document. Hope this helps.***

Souix

HomeGuru said:
Can anyone take a guess as to why I first responded the way that i did?

***Because its actually called Request for Reconveyance and there is no such thing as Order for Reconveyance?***

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">