• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

order of contempt on an injunction that violates Florida law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Whoops2u

It seems to me that Fla.R.Civ.P. 1.610(c) is NOT just for temporary injunction.
It's not the way statutes are usually written, but accept your position as not unreasonable. Which brings us back to the second point, which element do you think is missing the "clear, definite, and unequivocally sufficient factual finding" because of the reference to other documents in regards to your property?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
If the injunction is unclear then a person should not be held in contempt based on that and the law is very clear on that.
Just because You believe the injunction is unclear, that does not necessarily mean that it is in fact unclear by the standards of a reasonable person.

Your options were to comply or appeal. You did not appeal, and now you cannot appeal.

Now, tell us what steps you have taken in an attempt to comply, to the best of your ability, with the injunction? If it is a big fat n o t h i n g , then you are your own worst enemy. If, however, you actually made a concerted attempt to do what the judge ordered you to do, and you were just too hapless to understand the spirit or letter of what you've been ordered to do, then the reasonable response would have been to show the judge what you've done, ask for clarification on what was actually wanted. You can't "appeal" contempt if you are indeed in contempt.

quincy

Ok, might not be the same guy - but the odds of two Florida situations that are so similar...?
I read what was written by jasminer and it seemed to me to be a rerun of denerio's posts.

Even if jasminer is not the same poster posting under a different user name, jasminer should read the thread linked to by Shadowbunny because what was provided then applies to jasminer now.

quincy

Yeah, I thought jasminer's thread was just SO similar -- I thought it was the same guy, too. Who knows -- maybe it is, and he just likes to get himself in trouble!
When there is an injunction issued after a court hearing and all parties understand it's intent, it doesn't necessarily matter how the injunction is drafted. Compliance with the judge's order is expected.

If there are questions on the wording, the wording can be amended to reflect more closely the judge's decision.

But to feign ignorance and to not comply with what you know was ordered is a good way to be held in contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">