• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state subpoena

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalayman

Actually, an outstanding warrant in Alabama can affect his life. Depending on the status given the warrant in Alabama it could show up on background checks. Depending on what he does in life, it could affect him. I can tell you this; if a warrant showed up in my background, I would lose my job. It’s that simple.

LdiJ

Actually, an outstanding warrant in Alabama can affect his life. Depending on the status given the warrant in Alabama it could show up on background checks. Depending on what he does in life, it could affect him. I can tell you this; if a warrant showed up in my background, I would lose my job. It’s that simple.
Alabama should not issue a warrant once they realize that he and his wife are not residents of Alabama. Do you believe that this OP should show for court in Alabama even though it would cause his family extreme financial hardship? Even though Alabama has no jurisdiction over him?

quincy

Alabama should not issue a warrant once they realize that he and his wife are not residents of Alabama. Do you believe that this OP should show for court in Alabama even though it would cause his family extreme financial hardship? Even though Alabama has no jurisdiction over him?
You can read the laws cited to see how jurisdiction is determined.

As a note: It really isn't anyone's job on this forum to summarize for you what has been said in a thread. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">