• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My former employer has overpaid me by neglecting to turn off a direct deposit into my bank account after I left the company.

The employer is unwilling to name the person who caused the payment error.

At the same time, the employer has neglected to pay me two finders fees which I am owed for the company hiring and retaining two employees that I have recommended.

On top of that, the employer claims that they will submit an item to my credit report.

My questions:

1. Do I have a real dispute since there is
an issue with the finder's fees?

2. Do they have the right to submit an item
that could affect my credit rating?

Do I have other recourses?

Any replies will be helpful. I am determining if I should repay the amount or if I should hold out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential