• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA Code and carrying temp insurance cards

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Diane143

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My husband was pulled over for having an expired inspection and fined $105. The police officer apparently issued a second citation which resulted in a fine of $85 because my husband was carrying around temp insurance cards. WE ARE fully insured it is just that he failed to put his perminant ones in his wallet. Is this a fineable offence? The real kicker is that we were completely unaware the the second citation even existed. We got a letter in mail saying my husbands driving priveldges would be suspended by a certain date for failing to respond to the citation we never recieved. We have no money but we have to pay because he is in the middle of an ARD program completetion for first time offenders in DUI related cases. To fight it might cause unecessary problems but he would have to plead guilty to the charges. Any advice and specfic code information? Thanks Diane1432

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">