• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA minimum age for babysitting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

willraffy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I recently left my 14 year old son babysit his young siblings ages 6 and 9 during my period of visitation for approximately 4-5 hours. My fiance and I had to work. He is mature enough and responsible enough to handle this responsibility. We also had a plan in case of an emergency.

While my fiance and I were at work my ex wife came to my home, entered it without any permission and took my children. The police did nothing but I filed a report.

Is my 14 year old son old enough to babysit.

Proserpina

I recently left my 14 year old son babysit his young siblings ages 6 and 9 during my period of visitation for approximately 4-5 hours. My fiance and I had to work. He is mature enough and responsible enough to handle this responsibility. We also had a plan in case of an emergency.

While my fiance and I were at work my ex wife came to my home, entered it without any permission and took my children. The police did nothing but I filed a report.

What kind of report did you file exactly?

How did Mom know the kids were unattended?

Do you have ROFR in your visitation orders?

I would think that a 14 yr old could be OK to babysit. And the children are not his?

The Occultist

The laws tend to not stipulate an actual age, and instead tend to suggest that it be "reasonable". My guess is the only way it would be found "unreasonable" is if something happened while you were away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">