• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paramedics?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jay dawg13187

What is the name of your state? New York

hi my name is josh and im new to this message board. i wanna become a paramedic when i graduate. well actually im jus looking into it to see if i wanna do it. isnt a paramedic the people who r in the ambulances? if so how come when ever i do a search on it it always leads to firefighters. and i have a few ?'s that i would like to ask about them also. like how much schooling do i have to do and what type of schooling i have to do. i also want some advice on weather or not i should become one. if i should find another profession or stay with this one.

rmet4nzkx

How old are you?

You might do a search with the words "paramedic" and "forum" there are many forums out there that might be able to answer your questions better. Also go to your local fire department and talk to them. It is very important to work hard at school because there is a lot of medical knowledge to learn.

You Are Guilty

Speaking as someone who may need a paramedic myself in NY sometime in the future, please do us all a favor and consider an alternate career, like dog catcher or sanitation engineer.

J

jay dawg13187

i havent even graduated from high school yet i graduate this year tho.... so theres really no classes that i am taking this year that would help me except intro to pshyc but even that i dont think it will do much. and if i wanted to be a paramedic wouldnt i go to the ambulance not the fire department?

rmet4nzkx

Do like I said and look for forums online.

Go to the fire department you can locate them easily and they are used to public inquiries, they can fill you in on what is required and arrange for you to have a tour or ride along etc.

You may be graduating this year but your use of the English language leaves something to be desired, that is why I told you to be sure to do well in school because you seemed either a bit young or immature. Becoming an EMT takes a lot of difficult work and if you don't have the necessary skills you may not be suitable. It is good you are looking at it now, look at it and other careers as well, see your guidance counselor at school.

You Are Guilty

rmet4nzkx said:
You may be graduating this year but your use of the English language leaves something to be desired, that is why I told you to be sure to do well in school because you seemed either a bit young or immature. Becoming an EMT takes a lot of difficult work and if you don't have the necessary skills you may not be suitable. It is good you are looking at it now, look at it and other careers as well, see your guidance counselor at school.

LOL, is there an echo in here? (Although, I have to admit, you make it sound all "pretty" when you say it, even if it does take you twice as long).
:D

rmet4nzkx

You Are Guilty said:
LOL, is there an echo in here? (Although, I have to admit, you make it sound all "pretty" when you say it, even if it does take you twice as long).
:D
What can I say, I've had others perturbed with me as well
:confused: In this case someone needs to point him in the right direction, let the guidance counselor do their job. :)

You Are Guilty

I don't think we can pin the blame on this to just one guidance counselor. Sadly, I suspect it was a joint effort from 1st grade on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">