• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parent in violation of policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



Minnesota. I recently started having trouble with daycare mom after walking out on her current job. The kids were currently contracted (written) coming M-Th from 7:30-1:30. After she quit she showed up a few days whenever she wanted, so I told her she needed to give me a schedule, and that she couldn't just show up whenever she wanted. So a few days later she told me verbally she would be here everyday from now on at 9:00 until about 2. She showed up one day and then didn't show up or call. After two day of no show I wrote her a letter that she was in violation of policies and she had several options. Either to go by the scheduled time 9-2, give a new written schedule, change to drop in guidelines, notify me either in writing or with a phone call and I would waive the two week notice needed to terminate her agreement, or do nothing and continue to pay for the care from 9-2 which would be $20.00 a day for her two children, and care would end as of September 5th. Well she chose to do nothing (meaning $20.00 a day until she contacts me or September 5th which ever comes first)...so what should I do or should I just let it go. I know she'll never pay me.



If you had no provisions in your original agreement with her that covers this situation, then the alternatives you gave her sound reasonable and you probably would have a very good case against her in Small Claims for the fee, assuming that is a reasonable fee for the two children. If you had provisions in the original contract, the outcome may be different, though you would probably win the value of the service you provided in any case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential