• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental Rights Termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

-No- it wasn't auto custody. Her mother -never- took her. :) Thank you very much. If you can't help me go post on someone elses thread.

As for custody being an award, no it's not. It means that dad gets out of having to do all the work and gets to reap much of the reward. Maybe not in all cases but many.

LdiJ

-No- it wasn't auto custody. Her mother -never- took her. :) Thank you very much. If you can't help me go post on someone elses thread.
You are not understanding what I am saying or how the law works in Indiana. Your fiance received custody of his daughter (legally) at nine months. Prior to that, the child may possibly have been living with him, but MOM was the one with legal custody, because that is the law in Indiana.

Unless of course CPS was involved, in which case CPS had legal custody until the judge awarded it to your husband at 9 months.

Ok...back to your current situation. Again, in order to terminate mom's parental rights, you will need to have been married for a minimum of one year, and be willing to adopt the child, and you will need to be able to demonstrate that mom has had no contact with the child (no phone calls, no visits, no child support) for a minimum of one year...as of that time.

Obviously mom does not deserve to keep her parental rights, and I am surprized that they were not terminated at the time she was convicted. Nevertheless, since they were not, the above is the only option.

Very much baby momma drama from the girl's mother who doesn't want to pay her child support now. Thank you for your help and I'm sorry I was snippy. It gets tough having to deal with baby's mothers who don't want to do their court orders.. I am really very sorry. :(

CPS was involved at the time my stepson was born -but- he was not born at the time she hurt my fiancee's daughter. Her biological daughter and my fiancee's daughter got taken away from them. He went to court to get his son, since they were married he just took his son from the hospital and would let her near him...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">