• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking citation on a vehicle I don't own

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a parking ticket while borrowing my girlfriend's car in Chicago. I wish to contest it, however when I go online to request to contest it, it requires that you declare you are the registered owner of the vehicle before you submit the request.

Since I'm not the registered owner, am I even able to contest the citation? I cannot find anything about this online.

Just Blue

I got a parking ticket while borrowing my girlfriend's car in Chicago. I wish to contest it, however when I go online to request to contest it, it requires that you declare you are the registered owner of the vehicle before you submit the request.

Since I'm not the registered owner, am I even able to contest the citation? I cannot find anything about this online.
Place this question on your other thread. Please don't start a new thread on the same basic subject.

I would but the other is locked and it's a different question altogether.

FlyingRon

Guess what? The ticket wasn't issued to you. She, as the registered owner, must make the request for the hearing. She can either go to the hearing and bring you as a witness, or she can sign a notarized letter authorizing you to act on her behalf.

Again, the proximity of the sign is immaterial as long as it was on the same block and applies to where you were parked.

Note, that the hearing officers have heard it all before. Unless you have something that directly indicates that the person writing the ticket erred, you'll not win. The fact that the street sweeping sign or whatever it is you violated was way down the other end isn't going to cut it.

Guess what? The ticket wasn't issued to you. She, as the registered owner, must make the request for the hearing. She can either go to the hearing and bring you as a witness, or she can sign a notarized letter authorizing you to act on her behalf.

Again, the proximity of the sign is immaterial as long as it was on the same block and applies to where you were parked.

Note, that the hearing officers have heard it all before. Unless you have something that directly indicates that the person writing the ticket erred, you'll not win. The fact that the street sweeping sign or whatever it is you violated was way down the other end isn't going to cut it.
Thanks, I appreciate your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">