• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking lot accident in Iowa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Happy Trails

angeleyes52353 said:
yeah i have insurance.. just didnt want the premium going up... i have noc lue how to check back on that policy.. and see what the cost i'd pay would be..

misty
Call your insurance company and ask them. You don't need to tell them anything yet. Or you can just have them send out a copy of your policy.

Good luck!

A

angeleyes52353

Update

i had a (neon) neon broke down.. used backup car dads (got insurance for a week till i could find a new car. now i have new car (mitsubishi) .. happend around the 27th of march.. my insurance called me.. and stated he said it happend on the 27 of may.. now.. i have no proof.. since he had a witness.. my only witness was my ex who was working.. girls i work with (knowing my gossip regarding this ont he time frame) and my uncle who was pumping gas that night. now its my dad's fault.. (what there saying) but how can i fight someone's lies regarding dates?

Misty

Happy Trails

angeleyes52353 said:
i had a (neon) neon broke down.. used backup car dads (got insurance for a week till i could find a new car. now i have new car (mitsubishi) .. happend around the 27th of march.. my insurance called me.. and stated he said it happend on the 27 of may.. now.. i have no proof.. since he had a witness.. my only witness was my ex who was working.. girls i work with (knowing my gossip regarding this ont he time frame) and my uncle who was pumping gas that night. now its my dad's fault.. (what there saying) but how can i fight someone's lies regarding dates?

Misty
Did you find out what the deductible of your policy is?

Okay, two things I will suggest.

First maybe you can print these messages out since your initial thread started on (9-20-04) to help with your evidence.

Other option if your dad had insurance, find out what his deductible is. If it is more than $500.00, than pay the other person. I know it's not that easy, if you had the money you probably would have paid him.

But the fact still remains if the deductible is higher than their claim: then leave your insurance company out of it. You have to pay the deductible anyway.

A

angeleyes52353

lying'

this low-life i lying.. on the dates.. it's so wrong.. if i did decide to just give him the 400 or whatever.. how much should i pay him and how should i do it to make it legit?

Shay-Pari'e

angeleyes52353 said:

Misty
I may get jumped on by forum member's, but I do not believe you. What type of coverage did your father have on his vehicle? What type of coverage did you have on your Neon? How is your X a witness if he was at work? How are your friends witnesses? How is your uncle pumping gas a witness?

Last edited:

Happy Trails

--PARIDISE-- said:
I may get jumped on by forum member's, but I do not believe you. What type of coverage did your father have on his vehicle? What type of coverage did you have on your Neon? How is your X a witness if he was at work? How are your friends witnesses? How is your uncle pumping gas a witness?
She sure seems to dance around the deductible questions. Wonder where Dad is in all of this. :rolleyes:

Poster, how old are you?

A

angeleyes52353

--PARIDISE-- said:
It' happend at a gas station... dad had liability. I got kicked off when i was 16 for a bumper to bumper. That was lik 1000 damage. So I switched my insurance over on the week... that I drove it.. due 2 my car breaking down

She sure seems to dance around the deductible questions. Wonder where Dad is in all of this.

He's actualy helping me get this through there heads that this male is lying.

Poster, how old are you?
I'm 19

Happy Trails

Okay, you have witnesses and you also have this thread as evidence. So what are you going to do about it?

Does dad know his deductible?

As I said, It probably would be better to just pay this guy off.

You want to know how to do it legitimately: write an agreement up with the guy, get a copy of his estimated damages, write him a check, include in the memo what it is for and state paid in full.

Done deal. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">