• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pay not earned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I quit my job for a rather large corporation. I had worked there for only 3 weeks and decided I was not going to like it so I never went back. I checked my bank staement and realized that they had deposited two more checks in my account for time I did not work and they probably are going to deposit more. Do I need to call them and tell them I don't work there anymore and give the money back? Do they have legal recourse against me?


D. D. Lessenberry

You should notify them. Upon discovery of their error, they may inflict interest on that money.

Don't take the chance that "they'll never find out."


If you are paid in error by your former employer & they want the money back, are you legally required to pay that money back at their request?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential