• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pay ranges - can an employer keep this information from an employee?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sugarpaw

I was wondering if it is legal to keep the employees ranking in a position and what pay ranges that ranking has from an employee. Does anyone have the answer and if so, tell me where it is documented in the law?

W

Wilson

I never heard of a law requiring employers to tell employees pay ranges, except in Government service. Maybe someone else does.

A

Attorney_Replogle

The best answer I can give you is that your question is really state specific. In other words, what CA requires of the private employers may not be the same as what PA requires. So please look up a PA labor lawyer from this web site and contact them. Generally the people asking these questions are the employer, so you may want to ask the attorney if he represents the employee (plaintiff) or the employer (defendant). Since I have generally represented only the plaintiff employees, I do not know this answer. Sorry.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">