• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paying off credit cards

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dizzy1

What is the name of your state? arkansas

This may be a unusual question. But I am able to pay off my credit card debt that has been totaling up to around 30k. These are several credit cards and not just one. Is there a way I can pay this debt off totally at a reduced amount or is it as simple as just writing the full check of the total? I know its kind of a stupid question but just wanted to make sure if that was the best was to pay off the cards.

Thanks for any help.

Veronica1228

dizzy1 said:
What is the name of your state? arkansas

This may be a unusual question. But I am able to pay off my credit card debt that has been totaling up to around 30k. These are several credit cards and not just one. Is there a way I can pay this debt off totally at a reduced amount or is it as simple as just writing the full check of the total? I know its kind of a stupid question but just wanted to make sure if that was the best was to pay off the cards.

Thanks for any help.
Yes this is a stupid question, and it's not a legal one. Call your credit card companies and ask them. :rolleyes:

Debt Guy

Do you have a hardship that would justify a reduction of the amount you owe on the debts? If so, perhaps you could negotiate a discount.

But, if you are just trying to get out of paying what you owe, I doubt you will have any success.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">