• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mqqnsing

What is the name of your state?Missouri
I was wondering, the noncustodial parent owes $20,000.00 in back child support. The noncustodials father passed away and he is going to inherit some money. The will was filed through probate so I was wondering since child support enforcement has his SS# red flagged can inheritance be intercepted?

VeronicaGia

mqqnsing said:
I was wondering, the noncustodial parent owes $20,000.00 in back child support. The noncustodials father passed away and he is going to inherit some money. The will was filed through probate so I was wondering since child support enforcement has his SS# red flagged can inheritance be intercepted?
It is possible, but it depends. We don't know if there are stipulations on that inheritance, (like he cannot touch it for 10 years) or how much it is. But it is possible. Hopefully someone else can give you the particulars on how this is accomplished.

LdiJ

mqqnsing said:
Make the CSE aware of the inheritance and give them as much information as possible. They should be able to attach the inheritance for the arrearages.....assuming that it doesn't have stipulations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">