• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paypal & a Sheisty Ebay Seller

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anthony2

Illinois

Can you guys come up with a few good ways on how to prove a seller sent you the wrong merchandise? There's a fellow-forum member of mine who is having a problem with an Ebay seller and I would like to give him some helpful advice.

He claims that he ordered a specific pair of denim and the seller sent him a different pair of lesser value. The only thing I can really think of that would benefit him (which is out of his hands really) is if that seller has tried to do such a thing before, but even then that doesn't necessarily mean that Paypal will vote in the buyers favor.

Any ideas? comments? suggestions?

Thanks!

Anthony2

What does the original auction say?
It states the specific name of the jeans - which in this case was a Diesel 71J.

What does the packing slip say?
99% of the time, when buying denim on Ebay, the packages don't come with a packing slip - or a receipt. But I would assume that if this guys was trying to scam the buyer, that even if there was one, it would probably state the same thing the auction did. He could have just printed out a receipt for a "71J", placed it in the PS and on the bag, then packed an entirely different pair.

Anthony2

Then the buyer needs to file a SNAD* dispute with eBay.

*Significantly Not As Described
Thanks - I've forwarded the message.

He's actually filed a dispute, but it's his word against the sellers and as far as Paypal's policy is concerned, as long as an item's been delivered (which it has), the buyer's pretty much SOL.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">