• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

payroll & vacation pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

proach

What is the name of your state? texas
i was just terminated from employment, how long does my employer have to provide me with my last paycheck. also, when hired i was told via e-mail i would be hired with 2 weeks vacation to be available immediately and have accumulated another week. since i was terminated. as best as i could determine, i was terminated because a builder we closed decided to leave our company because of company problems occuring computers not working bills not getting paid etc. so now there is not enough work to keep me, plus i was told they could not afford me. do they have to honor the agreement of the email regarding my vacation of 2 weeks plus the additional week of vacation pay, do they legally have to pay me? how long can they hold my final paycheck?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since your termination was involuntary, they have six days to get your last paycheck to you. That will include any earned vacation time IF they have a policy of paying vacation time at termination. The law does not require them to pay vacation on terming unless they have a policy to that effect - also, depending on how the company accrues vacation time, you may not be due the entire amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">