• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danaan

What is the name of your state? NC

I left a company I had been with for several years in early May, ..I was due a pension, and filled out the appropriate paper work. I was originally told to expect payment any time from mid June to early July. On June 23, I was told that I could either have the check mailed to me on July 14, or have direct deposit into my checking account on July 17, the option which I chose. I had called on 3 occasions, June 28, July 6 and July 10, and each time told that it would come on July 17. I am in desperate need of this money, but this morning was told that it would not be available until July 24. I have repeated told them that it is crucial that I get this as soon as possible, as I stand to suffer tremendously if not. I have much depending on the money being there on July 17...if it is not, I am going to experience some severe losses and great hardship.
Is there any thing I can do to take legal action?

Thanks in advanceWhat is the name of your state?

garrula lingua

Most cos. (& SS) advise people to file for retirement 3 mos in advance, to allow for processing. I'd guess the 'norm' allowed would be til Aug.

I don't think you have recourse, other than sweetly requesting someone at the disbursement point to pl track down your paperwork and assist.

Country Living

It sounds like you need to give the company a little more time to process the paperwork (reference your previous posting several months ago where you went through a similar situation.) https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=314050 You had stress, anxiety, and panic attacks and wanted to sue back then.

The people processing your paperwork have policies, procedures, as well as processing windows to follow and it just doesn't help if an hysterical person calls and yells at them. As arulla said - be very nice to the people processing the money. I'm pretty sure they're doing the best they can.

Yes, it's unfortunate they were unable to make the July 17th date. I'm sure they would have explained why had you been in a position to listen. Your request might have come in at a bad time and there were quite a few people in front of you who had to be handled first.

I suspect your next posting will be on the tax forum when you find out how much income tax you owe by pulling out your 401K and pension.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">