• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

perjury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProSeDadinMD

You know, if it weren't for the fact that this was a DV/criminal case, I'd be inclined to agree with you, LdiJ, about the DA not prosecuting. I'd think that there would actually be a short list of charges in this instance, including at least:

Filing a false police report
Perjury
Possibly, giving a false statement to a police officer.

wrongfully10

I just noticed your knew signature quote...chuckle.

One thing that I need to mention is that its up to a DA whether or not to prosecute people for perjury. Unfortunately, when it comes to family law issues, I don't think I have ever encountered a case where a DA was willing to prosecute for perjury. I am not saying that it cannot happen, but I haven't encountered one, and lots and lots of people have asked about that....many with situations just as bad as OP's.
I know this is an old thread, but if it is up to the DA whether to prosecute people for perjury, what happens in cases where it is obvious that the DA or Prosecutor was actively engaged in the perjury? The prosecutor in my case reinforced the State's Witness' testimony several times...specifically getting excited about the testimony and repeating it over and over again...the State's Witness perjured at least 10 times and I can prove, beyond a doubt, at least 4 of the counts.

There is little doubt in my mind that the State's Witness that testified against me (an alleged victim) lied so convincingly to the prosecutor that he did indeed believe her story (though the jury acquitted me of 2 felony counts and found me guilty of 2 misdemeanors because, according to a juror, "you defended yourself, but according to the jury instructions we had no way out". The prosecution engaged the local media and it has become one heck of a circus. The articles are erroneous, one-sided, filled with inaccurate characterizations, blatant mis-quotes, libel, slander, and defamation. I need some legal help, but this case has ruined my life beyond belief.

Silverplum

Please start your own thread to get your own answers for your own situation.

I know this is an old thread, but if it is up to the DA whether to prosecute people for perjury, what happens in cases where it is obvious that the DA or Prosecutor was actively engaged in the perjury? The prosecutor in my case reinforced the State's Witness' testimony several times...specifically getting excited about the testimony and repeating it over and over again...the State's Witness perjured at least 10 times and I can prove, beyond a doubt, at least 4 of the counts.

There is little doubt in my mind that the State's Witness that testified against me (an alleged victim) lied so convincingly to the prosecutor that he did indeed believe her story (though the jury acquitted me of 2 felony counts and found me guilty of 2 misdemeanors because, according to a juror, "you defended yourself, but according to the jury instructions we had no way out". The prosecution engaged the local media and it has become one heck of a circus. The articles are erroneous, one-sided, filled with inaccurate characterizations, blatant mis-quotes, libel, slander, and defamation. I need some legal help, but this case has ruined my life beyond belief.

sam02135

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

In a civil matter, what happens if a spouse lies under oath during a hearing? There was a recording of the hearing. Can the spouse be found in contempt for Perjury? Can I press charges for perjury and what/how much punishment does the spouse get? Do I need to make a motion for that?

Thanks!
The courts will not throw her in jail probably just a slap on the wrist, she has children and she is the primary custodian. You on the other hand is another story. The courts will throw the book at you if they can because you are born male. A fair system they say? In my case, I have proof of perjury (her affidavit which is contrary to her deposition) too but as stated by my lawyer, probably nothing will happen to her. Because the courts do not want to burden her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">