• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Perjury?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.
My mother was cleared of MRSA in 2008. I- the father was ordered by the court to provide a clearance letter of my mothers MRSA (in the works) before the grandma was allowed contact with our son.
The petitioner told the judge that our 13 month old son "has a documented low immune system and that grandmothers MRSA could pose a threat to the child's safety".
Upon my review of our sons medical records OR if the mother of our child cannot produce a letter backing her claims- would this be considered perjury?
She made these statements to the judge during a hearing.

Thank You.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Perjury?
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.
My mother was cleared of MRSA in 2008. I- the father was ordered by the court to provide a clearance letter of my mothers MRSA (in the works) before the grandma was allowed contact with our son.
The petitioner told the judge that our 13 month old son "has a documented low immune system and that grandmothers MRSA could pose a threat to the child's safety.
Upon my review of our sons medical records OR if the mother of are child cannot produce a letter backing her claims would this be considered perjury?
She made these statements to the judge during a hearing.

Thank You.
And what did you or your lawyer present in way of evidence at the time this statement was made to disprove it?

What did evidence did petitioner have to prove it?

It doesn't sound like perjury to me.

Mother was cleared of the MRSA in 2008.
The mothers statements about our son "having a documented low immune system" came from the mother of our son.
Upon review of my son's medical records OR moms inability to produce a letter backing her claim-would this be considered perjury?
The judge was reluctant for me to produce a letter(on my mothers behalf) but allowed it eventually.
Per my conversation with my mothers Doctor today he said it would be no problem.

A. That she lied to the judge/court.
B. She is trying to be difficult with temporary visits.
C. Evidence of character as this will be going to hearing.

seniorjudge

You need to read the perjury statute in your state. It's a tad bit more involved than that.

Everyone lies in court.

The lying starts right after the witness is sworn in.

CJane

Ok, so confirm that this is what happened.

Mother (your ex?) informed the court that your shared son has a low immune system (by which I assume she means compromised/low functioning).

Because of this statement by the mother of the child, the judge ordered that your shared child could not have contact with grandmother (your mother) until evidence was provided that she was no longer infected with MRSA.

You want to prove that Mom lied, and the child does not have a low functioning immune system.

You're hoping that this would, at the very least, affect Mom's credibility with the court and at most amount to perjury.

This claim by Mom has not affected contact with the grandmother since 2008.

My mother has only seen and held the baby once (the day after he was born).
I have not seen son in 11 months. The judge asked how /why this should affect visitations that this claim should not be an issue. However the mother stated that due to the childs low immune system it could be "life threatening". The judge then asked me to get a letter of clearance. Mom made this statement on hearsay as she was aware of grandma's past medical (2008 issues)-I informed her in 2008 when we were together. It wasn't an issue when the baby was born.

Last edited:
Mom denied visitations and asked for no contact. I obtained counsel and immediately filed for cs/visitations. I signed the aop/bc when our son was born. Mom became obsessive with baby.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Honestly? I don't see you getting far with this. I doubt any of us would be thrilled to allow our 13mo to be in contact with MRSA.

She was cleared in 2008. The doctors have indicated she is not a health threat to anyone and wrote her a clearance letter to satisfy the court. I will be requesting proof that son has a low immune system. Mom was trying everything under the sun as to why I should not be able to start to bond with our son. She brought up every excuse imaginable. The judge did not buy any of it and wrote immediate orders. I will be able to see our son for the first time in a few days:)

Proserpina

She was cleared in 2008. The doctors have indicated she is not a health threat to anyone and wrote her a clearance letter to satisfy the court. I will be requesting proof that son has a low immune system. Mom was trying everything under the sun as to why I should not be able to start to bond with our son. She brought up every excuse imaginable. The judge did not buy any of it and wrote immediate orders. I will be able to see our son for the first time in a few days:)

I hope that's in HIS best interests.

I hope that's in HIS best interests.
The Judge thought so. Proserpina as I have stated before I have learned so much from your posts in terms of co parenting. Time to exercise what I've learned. Guess I'll take the high road as you say and move on to more important issues like bonding with our son.
Thanks Goodnight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">