• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Injury Lawyer not responding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bali Hai Again

Of course, without engineers, how would we keep the locomotives running!
Those are common sense engineers. I am referring to the elitist engineers who are taught they will change the world single-handedly with their brilliant minds and nobody else’s opinion matters.

One example: Boeing 737 MAX MCAS. Pilots kept in the dark about important changes. Who in their right mind takes control of an aircraft away from the pilot and gives control to sensors that fail and computers that act on faulty information? Oh, I forgot, we don’t need pilots, technology will replace pilots. Two airplane crashes and hundreds of lives lost are the price of cutting edge technology. Technology will NEVER replace pilots. When the crap hits the fan my money is on the pilot.

quincy

Those are common sense engineers. I am referring to the elitist engineers who are taught they will change the world single-handedly with their brilliant minds and nobody else’s opinion matters.

One example: Boeing 737 MAX MCAS. Pilots kept in the dark about important changes. Who in their right mind takes control of an aircraft away from the pilot and gives control to sensors that fail and computers that act on faulty information? Oh, I forgot, we don’t need pilots, technology will replace pilots. Two airplane crashes and hundreds of lives lost are the price of cutting edge technology. Technology will NEVER replace pilots. When the crap hits the fan my money is on the pilot.
In the case of failed technology that leads to multiple deaths, there are several different plaintiffs and several different potential defendants. Those harmed will want competent and experienced attorneys, ones who respect their professional rules and respond to their clients’ queries in a responsible way.

A client should not have to wait months to hear from their attorney. mobbdeep might be best off seeking new legal representation.

mobbdeep

Following up here. Called the Office and they advised me the paralegal who was assigned to my case no longer works with the Law Firm which explains why I never heard back from her. However, I think someone should have communicated this. Nonetheless, I spoke with the new paralegal who will be calling me next week to ensure they received all my medical records as she said some of the stuff may still be in the previous paralegals inbox.

Also, I did reach out to another PIL who will be calling me next week to discuss my case further after I had my consultation 2 days ago.

quincy

Following up here. Called the Office and they advised me the paralegal who was assigned to my case no longer works with the Law Firm which explains why I never heard back from her. However, I think someone should have communicated this. Nonetheless, I spoke with the new paralegal who will be calling me next week to ensure they received all my medical records as she said some of the stuff may still be in the previous paralegals inbox.

Also, I did reach out to another PIL who will be calling me next week to discuss my case further after I had my consultation 2 days ago.
Thanks for the update. I hope you find that communicating with your attorney’s office goes smoothly from here on out.

mobbdeep

Just a follow up. Never heard back from the PL so I emailed the lawyer directly and he responded on 7/27 letting me know they're preparing the demand letter and will send it to me before sending it out. My question is, the surgery center just left me a voicemail that I'm now at risk of being sent to collections for my surgery bill. I did let my lawyer and new PL know that in an email just now so I'm not sure what can be done. He mentioned that this case will be tough but I mean, it can't be too tough if he's still taking this case a year later, right?

quincy

Just a follow up. Never heard back from the PL so I emailed the lawyer directly and he responded on 7/27 letting me know they're preparing the demand letter and will send it to me before sending it out. My question is, the surgery center just left me a voicemail that I'm now at risk of being sent to collections for my surgery bill. I did let my lawyer and new PL know that in an email just now so I'm not sure what can be done. He mentioned that this case will be tough but I mean, it can't be too tough if he's still taking this case a year later, right?
Does the surgery center have your attorney’s contact information? They should be directing all questions and comments to him and not you.

mobbdeep

Does the surgery center have your attorney’s contact information? They should be directing all questions and comments to him and not you.
They should. Before my surgery, I put my Attorney's info on the paperwork to release any information to them. I'll follow up with the billing department tomorrow to ensure they have that information.

quincy

They should. Before my surgery, I put my Attorney's info on the paperwork to release any information to them. I'll follow up with the billing department tomorrow to ensure they have that information.
That would be smart.

mobbdeep

Following up here.. still no luck and now the surgery center has sent me to collections even though they said they've received my medical bills. Every time I call, I get told something different about the status and the last they emailed me was in August stating they're preparing the demand letter and will contact me before they send it out. I then sent an email an hour ago and got an auto reply from the paralegal who no longer works with the firm. That's now the 2nd paralegal that was part of my case with that firm who no longer works there.

I've even relocated to Houston since August.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Tell the attorney that if you do not get a response and they don't prove that they have sent a demand letter, you are filing a complaint against them with the bar. And then do so.

quincy

mobbdeep

Tell the attorney that if you do not get a response and they don't prove that they have sent a demand letter, you are filing a complaint against them with the bar. And then do so.
Do I need to tell them or can I just do it? What would the repercussions look like for me, if any?

Taxing_Matters provided, back on January 23, Post #3, a link to the Colorado Supreme Court on filing a complaint against an attorney. Here is the link again:

https://coloradosupremecourt.com/Complaints/File_ComplaintAgainstAtty.asp
Thank you for this. I will go ahead and file a complaint now. Should I keep looking for a new attorney in the meantime?

quincy

Do I need to tell them or can I just do it? What would the repercussions look like for me, if any?

Thank you for this. I will go ahead and file a complaint now. Should I keep looking for a new attorney in the meantime?
You can go ahead and file a complaint. You have tried numerous times to resolve the problems with your attorney to no avail. There is no reason to believe you will have any better luck getting him to respond to you now than you have in the past.

The Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel will investigate your complaint. Your attorney cannot retaliate against you for filing a complaint.

Back in January I suggested you look for another attorney to take over your case. That advice still stands.

mobbdeep

You can go ahead and file a complaint. You have tried numerous times to resolve the problems with your attorney to no avail. There is no reason to believe you will have any better luck getting him to respond to you now than you have in the past.

The Office of Attorney Regulation Counsel will investigate your complaint. Your attorney cannot retaliate against you for filing a complaint.

Back in January I suggested you look for another attorney to take over your case. That advice still stands.
Thank you. One other question, since I moved out of state, am I required to do anything additional?

quincy

Thank you. One other question, since I moved out of state, am I required to do anything additional?
As long as you have provided your change of address to all who need to know it (e.g., your attorney, parties to the case), and as long as you provide all of the information requested on the attorney complaint form, I cannot think offhand of anything additional that you need to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">