• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal property.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fbksmah

I was in jail for 2 weeks in july of 2018 on a dv. Charge. While in jail my wife sold about $8,000 of my tools that i use for my job. I did not give permission or know she was doing until i got out. Is that legal or can i report them stolen. Most were pawned.

Just Blue

I was in jail for 2 weeks in july of 2018 on a dv. Charge. While in jail my wife sold about $8,000 of my tools that i use for my job. I did not give permission or know she was doing until i got out. Is that legal or can i report them stolen. Most were pawned.
Was it your wife that you assaulted?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
How and when did you acquire the tools? Were they acquired during the marriage? Have you established a community property agreement with your wife?

fbksmah

I had most before we were together but some while we were married. She claimed personal property like furnature, crystal pieces and various other items we got since our mairrage. All of those she had at her place and has since lost to storage or sold.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You should include the items in your divorce so they can be factored in to the final property settlement/order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">