• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Representative question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? I live in Missouri.
My sister is the personal representative of our mother's estate. She has not choosen to not communicate with me regarding what is going on in selling the house, etc. She lives two hours away, and does not arrange to mow the grass at the house or take care of any of the maintenace, she leaves everything like that up to me to get done.

She does however, have the money from the sell of our mother's contents of the house, car, tax money, etc in an account for the estate. Does she have an obligation to show me copies of how much money is in the account and what has been withdrawn & deposited? She says she does not have to show me anything.

Also, my concern is when the house sells how can I make sure she divides equally?

This is independent administration.
Thanks for any help!
Last edited:

Dandy Don

Senior Member
You will need to consult with a local probate attorney about how independent administrations are done to get your questions answered. It is very unlikely that a Missouri probate attorney would be viewing this particular message board.

At some point she will probably have to file some type of financial report with the court that shows how she handled all the assets, paid the taxes, etc. and then that information is public record that you could view, but there is no obligation for her to share that information with you now. It will take a month or so for everything to get straightened out, so just be patient.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential