• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pest Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mszedwards

I live in Saint Cloud, Florida. I have lived in my current apartment since late March 2005, within a few days of moving in, I started noticing roaches in my kitchen. I notified the office and they sent out the pest control people. As stated in my lease pest control will do preventative baiting once a month unless a problem occurs. Well I have been to the office at least once a month reporting roach problems and all they do is return with the pest people. They are in my apartment less then 1 minute and they leave. The people above me have reported the same problem and they still have roaches also. The people next to me are dirty and disgusting and I am convinced they are the reason that I have roaches. Yet the office insists there is nothing they can do about it nor can evict them for not being clean. I have a 7 month old and just tonight have found 6 roaches in his room including 1 within 1 foot of his face in his crib. This disgusts me as I keep my apartment especially clean and don't leave food lying around to attract them. I don't know what to do. I want this problem taken care of and don't know how to go about getting it fixed permanently. I'm almost tempted to break my lease due to their reluctancy to fix the problem. Can I legally break my lease due to the landlord not abiding by their own lease terms? Please help.

south

Call a health inspector

mszedwards said:
I live in Saint Cloud, Florida. I have lived in my current apartment since late March 2005, within a few days of moving in, I started noticing roaches in my kitchen. I notified the office and they sent out the pest control people. As stated in my lease pest control will do preventative baiting once a month unless a problem occurs. Well I have been to the office at least once a month reporting roach problems and all they do is return with the pest people. They are in my apartment less then 1 minute and they leave. The people above me have reported the same problem and they still have roaches also. The people next to me are dirty and disgusting and I am convinced they are the reason that I have roaches. Yet the office insists there is nothing they can do about it nor can evict them for not being clean. I have a 7 month old and just tonight have found 6 roaches in his room including 1 within 1 foot of his face in his crib. This disgusts me as I keep my apartment especially clean and don't leave food lying around to attract them. I don't know what to do. I want this problem taken care of and don't know how to go about getting it fixed permanently. I'm almost tempted to break my lease due to their reluctancy to fix the problem. Can I legally break my lease due to the landlord not abiding by their own lease terms? Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">