• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone Calls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

summerdawn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

Hi guys. SM called my house just a bit ago:

Me: Hello
SM: Hi, Summer, this is J. I am calling for Binky, to tell you [blah blah blah]
Me: I'm sorry, but Binky will have to call me and let me know himself.
SM: [angry, voice rising] Well, i'm just letting you know that we will be changing our visits back to the original time! We will be there at [keeps angrily rambling]
Me: Goodbye. *click*

(For the record, I have been going out there every visitation day at the normal time-they don't show up until 2 and 1/2 hours later, I put it in my log-so of course I WILL be out there at the right time-there ain't NO way i'm breaking the court order and getting in trouble-but i'm not telling HER that, he can call himself.)

I have told her time and again, not to call my house. I have had no interaction with her at all since the whole jacket thing. I am not going to mediation until May 11th, and court is June 1st. She is not calling constantly and harassing, so a call to the police does not seem in order. I don't have caller ID to screen my calls. Besides merely hanging up on her every time she calls, is there anything I can do to prevent her from calling my home until I go to court and address it there? I'm keeping notes of every time she calls.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Taking THIS as an isolated incident...all the lady was trying to do was let you know when they'd be there.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca

Hi guys. SM called my house just a bit ago:

Me: Hello
SM: Hi, Summer, this is J. I am calling for Binky, to tell you [blah blah blah]
Me: I'm sorry, but Binky will have to call me and let me know himself.
SM: [angry, voice rising] Well, i'm just letting you know that we will be changing our visits back to the original time! We will be there at [keeps angrily rambling]
Me: Goodbye. *click*

(For the record, I have been going out there every visitation day at the normal time-they don't show up until 2 and 1/2 hours later, I put it in my log-so of course I WILL be out there at the right time-there ain't NO way i'm breaking the court order and getting in trouble-but i'm not telling HER that, he can call himself.)

I have told her time and again, not to call my house. I have had no interaction with her at all since the whole jacket thing. I am not going to mediation until May 11th, and court is June 1st. She is not calling constantly and harassing, so a call to the police does not seem in order. I don't have caller ID to screen my calls. Besides merely hanging up on her every time she calls, is there anything I can do to prevent her from calling my home until I go to court and address it there? I'm keeping notes of every time she calls.
Let all calls go to your answering machine.

summerdawn

Taking THIS as an isolated incident...all the lady was trying to do was let you know when they'd be there.

While this is true, the problem is that she and her mother try to let me know everything-he is never involved. I am eliminating third parties [belatedly, hopefully better late than never] because having them involved has caused a lot of trouble. He is not sick, or mute, and can make his own phone calls. I am just tired of them doing everything and trying to control the situation, that's all. I was advised not to engage her in anything.

Rushia

I HATE doing this. It really makes my family mad that I don't answer the phone LOL. I will though because if she keeps it up it will document her calls.
Why would your family get mad? My parents think it's funny. They like leaving goofy messages.

summerdawn

Why would your family get mad? My parents think it's funny. They like leaving goofy messages.

Oh my GOSH, my mom will call and be all exasperated like "HELLOOOOO you never answer your PHONE. Pick up the stupid phone, this is annoying!"

I think she thinks i'm screening for her. Haha!!

sipa

Ya did good girl....I am so proud of you.

Tell Mom to get over it you need documentation, she can not be a fan of Mr Binky clown and should understand when you put it to her in that sense!

Rushia

Oh my GOSH, my mom will call and be all exasperated like "HELLOOOOO you never answer your PHONE. Pick up the stupid phone, this is annoying!"

I get coded messages (cause kids might be in earshot) to the effect of "ahem...Leave your DH alone and answer the phone".

Isis1

ha!

FYI summer, keep in mind that this is like disciplining a child. the longer you let things get out of control, it takes twice as long as to get things back in control.

say crazy lady and binky have been doing this for 6 months, it might take a year for anyone to get the point. be patient, and vigilant!!

i don't have caller ID either....nor do i have voicemail. my entire family knows i have four kids. if they want me to answer, let it ring 10-20 times. i'm not leaving my babies in a bath or on the couch in the middle of diaper changing to answer the phone. minor's attorney found out the hard way. poor guy hung up after the 4th ring. for weeks. unless that phone is in my hand.....there's no way i'd make it in time.

Last edited:

wileybunch

OK, not having caller ID is the pits!!!

But, you can always let you family know to do the one ring hang up then call back sorta thing because you are going to let all calls go to the answering machine from now on.

Antigone*

Summer,

Have you thought about just saying "okay, thank you for the heads up and leaving it ar that.

It would probably blow her mind. :)

wileybunch

I don't think Summer has that luxury. She's currently trying to stop all 3rd party interference. But, she could have been like that Vancome lady on MadTV that said, "Yeah, thank you, I wish I could take the notice from you, but I can't" except be a little more apologetic than the Vancome lady is. :D

summerdawn

Summer,

Have you thought about just saying "okay, thank you for the heads up and leaving it ar that.

It would probably blow her mind. :)
I have-I used to take messages from her all the time. THAT'S part of what started my whole mess in the first place. It wouldn't blow her mind, it would make her think I am rolling over and accepting all communication from her again. Encouraging her at all always leads to her taking over all of dad's stuff. :\

Most recently she made a profile in dad's name on FaceBook and tried sending me messages about visitation on it. I was unsure if it was her or him at first, but then I could tell it was her by the way she spells a particular word wrong that dad spells properly. I blocked her ASAP.

When she called she said something about "Since you have not been answering the emails, I am calling for Binky, to let you know..."

For one thing, I have not received any emails, but for another, if I DID, I wouldn't know if they were from him or her (unless she didn't bother to use spellcheck because she has horrible spelling) so I probably wouldn't answer them anyways. I don't have a current email addy for him so I don't even know an email addy he might be using.

Last edited:

summerdawn

ha!

FYI summer, keep in mind that this is like disciplining a child. the longer you let things get out of control, it takes twice as long as to get things back in control.

say crazy lady and binky have been doing this for 6 months, it might take a year for anyone to get the point. be patient, and vigilant!!
i don't have caller ID either....nor do i have voicemail. my entire family knows i have four kids. if they want me to answer, let it ring 10-20 times. i'm not leaving my babies in a bath or on the couch in the middle of diaper changing to answer the phone. minor's attorney found out the hard way. poor guy hung up after the 4th ring. for weeks. unless that phone is in my hand.....there's no way i'd make it in time.

Gee, thanks for this. Apparently I dug myself into a pit that it is going to take quite a while to get out of. :p

I have repeatedly asked this woman not to call my home. [Yes, I have actually told HER myself, instead of passing the message on to dad.] I don't understand why she keeps on calling anyways. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">