• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone stuck in airport van shuttle paneling. Is the company liable to retrieve it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tamarindleaves

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

So I was taking the airport shuttle van back from Atlanta last Sunday. I had my phone resting on my thigh and as I shuffled to make room for another passenger my phone was knocked into a small hole in the side paneling of the van. Too small to reach down into, the driver told me they could get the mechanic to remove the paneling and retrieve it. But I called today and they said they wouldn't do it. This is crazy. It would take like 10-20 min to remove the plastic paneling. I've done it myself when changing speakers in my car. They also said 2-3 other phones had previously been stuck in similar situations and they left them there. Why didn't they cover the holes?Are they liable to replace or recover my $350 phone? or am I SOL?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

So I was taking the airport shuttle van back from Atlanta last Sunday. I had my phone resting on my thigh and as I shuffled to make room for another passenger my phone was knocked into a small hole in the side paneling of the van. Too small to reach down into, the driver told me they could get the mechanic to remove the paneling and retrieve it. But I called today and they said they wouldn't do it. This is crazy. It would take like 10-20 min to remove the plastic paneling. I've done it myself when changing speakers in my car. They also said 2-3 other phones had previously been stuck in similar situations and they left them there. Why didn't they cover the holes?Are they liable to replace or recover my $350 phone? or am I SOL?
i'd take this higher up on the chain as this was recent. keep going up. start with the bus driver's supervisor.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would suggest that you offer to pay them for the labor required to retrieve your item that you didn't hold on to.

Dave1952

Fund out when the van will be available. Buy or borrow a "mechanical pick up" and an "inspection mirror". Most hardware stores sell pick ups they are long, flexible things with steel prongs at the end for grabbing. Fish around in the door. You have no legal rights here so be very polite when you ask to do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">