• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pictures taken of my personal space

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaittan01

What is the name of your state? Vermont
I was living with my moms boyfriend and his parents, they all shared ownership of the house. I had my own room that was given to me by my moms boyfriend. My moms boyfriends daughter formerly had that room, but she wanted to trade because she wanted the loft I was going to be given. I moved in and the room was messy after a few months because my moms boyfriends parents were mean and cruel to my brother and I. I would get yelled at for various things that made us scared. I would get food in the middle of the night and bring dishes down in the middle of the night. One time during the day my moms boyfriends mother came into my room and started taking pictures of my mess, including my closet, some of my clothes, and pictures of a bowl on the floor, etc. I had no idea that these photos were taken, but she then printed them out and showed them to my moms boyfriends ex wife, her husband, and she left them on their dining room table. I had moved out by the time because the situation was so emotionally stressful, and I cleaned all my stuff up and took it with me, but my moms boyfriends daughter saw them and was told not to tell me they existed. I just found out today that they were taken and printed, and Im embarrassed, I feel violated, and im very sad and feel betrayed. I feel as this is a violation of my privacy that might cross the legal line. I was wondering what someone would think.

Eekamouse

What is the name of your state? Vermont
I was living with my moms boyfriend and his parents, they all shared ownership of the house. I had my own room that was given to me by my moms boyfriend. My moms boyfriends daughter formerly had that room, but she wanted to trade because she wanted the loft I was going to be given. I moved in and the room was messy after a few months because my moms boyfriends parents were mean and cruel to my brother and I. I would get yelled at for various things that made us scared. I would get food in the middle of the night and bring dishes down in the middle of the night. One time during the day my moms boyfriends mother came into my room and started taking pictures of my mess, including my closet, some of my clothes, and pictures of a bowl on the floor, etc. I had no idea that these photos were taken, but she then printed them out and showed them to my moms boyfriends ex wife, her husband, and she left them on their dining room table. I had moved out by the time because the situation was so emotionally stressful, and I cleaned all my stuff up and took it with me, but my moms boyfriends daughter saw them and was told not to tell me they existed. I just found out today that they were taken and printed, and Im embarrassed, I feel violated, and im very sad and feel betrayed. I feel as this is a violation of my privacy that might cross the legal line. I was wondering what someone would think.
You knew they didn't like you being messy in their house but you chose to trash your bedroom and you're upset because they took pictures of the way you were living? Huh. That's kind of funny. You don't get a pass because they were "mean to you." Sneaking food into your room late at night and not taking the dishes back into the kitchen and washing them. You could have brought bugs into their home and you are upset because they documented your disrespect? Teenagers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">