• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help fast need tro today

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiredofthedrama

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

thank you, in advance, for responding to my post

i need to get a temporary restraining order today. th

is life is unbearable. my eyes are opened...i can now sadly see the effects it is having on our children

in the process of getting mycomplaint ready i still have so many questions but have run iout of time.

mainly i am concerned with his unsubstanciated claims of abuse against me. he lied to police to get them to press charges against me on two occassions. one time was after i had already sought help from police. the other time was when police were called to the house. now both times charges were dropped... however i said little in my defense as i was unable to leave and am afraid of him.

while writing out past history of abuse i dont know if it is acceptable to say ...

9/15/2007 mr. smith lied to police causing them to press false assault charges against me that were later dropped.

i am concerned he will try to get a tro then fro against me. this causes me considerable anguish.. it''s just another way to torment me... i am sickened to think of all the abuse i have endured . ..years of accepting i have no voice..years of walking on eggshells, doing all i can to try to keep his anger at bay and how he can then say i have abused him is absolutely ludicris...i would have never been allowed!

outhouse

If a TRO is really needed it.s not going to make a big difference who file,s first.

your making this into allot of drama, just file your TRO.

the courts and judges do not like when people acuse one another of lie,s they want proof.

unsubstanciated claims of abuse are not to be worried about unless you are charged by the D.A. for said abuse.

Hot Topic

You waited over a year to act on your husband's claim of spousal abuse. Your post comes off as an attempt to "beat him to the punch" on filing restraining orders.

You could have gotten help a long, long time ago. You chose not to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">