• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help me today

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Ausibound

Texas-

I am living in a house and have been for about 6 months or so. I have never been under any lease contract. It was discussed between me and my roommate that owned the property that my part would be some of the bills listed in her name.
My roommate is a alcoholic which really has no bearing on this except for the fact that in a drunken rampage told me to get out, and gave me 24 hours to vacate. Then she changed her mind and told me to get out right then. I told her no and she called the police which basiclly told her they could not remove me.
Even though 24 hours does not seem to be adequate compensation of time to move my stuff out, I wanted to get it out of her way and put an end to this chapter. I went back to the house at lunch today less than 24 hours from the time she told me to vacate, and she had changed the locks and made a no tresspassing sign for me. I still got into the house and first thing called the police. The Sgt at the desk told me that I just needed to get my stuff out when she was not there. I went ahead and loaded my car down, but have left my furniture behind, cause I have no way of moving it. Is there a way that I can get my stuff out of the apartment without her interveneing or at least a way I can get it without being arrested. The Sgt at the desk told me that if I went to get my stuff out, and she would not let me, she could call the police and have me arrested for Disorderly Conduct. I on the other hand am thinking about filing a report for theft.......why cant this all be done and over......Please Help ME
Garry

A

Ausibound

I still could use the help.....do to inclimate weather i have been very much unable to retrieve my personal belongings. The Police adviced to break into the dwelling when she wasnt home.....which made absolutely no sense to me. They said since I can prove it is partially my dwelling to that I could not get in trouble for it. Im just trying to get my stuff leagally.....I thought about writ of reentry but am unable to file for one do to cost. There is not a Paupers las on the writ.

Still concerned
Ausibound

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">