• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help Mu Husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PrincessJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

My husband was initially sentenced to life for Prem. Murder by a military court in 1986. He was sent to Fort Leavneworth. He stayed there a number of years, he got into 1 incident in 1987. After that he became a model inmate. He even worked outside the walls. He was receiving regular parole hearings and received a total of 7 years clemency. He was transferred to USP Leavenworth due to a deal that the military had with the FEDs. He got his degree and has still had no incidents what so ever. He was given a additional 30 year hit for no reason. His projected date is now 2045. He has not had a meanigful parole hearing in over 5 years which he is supposed to. He is now at Lee USP and is about to be snet to a Med. security facility. He has written a writ explaining how it is against his civil rights ro keep him there without a parole hearing. He has the complete support of both our familes, he has a job waiting for him and all his case managers support him. What should we do now.

Some Random Guy

He was given a additional 30 year hit for no reason.
I find it difficult to believe that there was no reason given for the additional 30 year sentence. Surely somebody has given some justification of his additional time, even one with which you disagree.

dad43

He stayed there a number of years, he got into 1 incident in 1987
i dont' know the statute of limitations for being "hit" with another term, but it's quite possible that he was never "disciplined" with whatever the above incident was to begin with.

if you have everything in order, as you believe you do, then i'd suggest you start with the military prison system. find out what the additional term is/was for, why he hasn't been given parole hearings, etc...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">