• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luvbskts

What is the name of your state?IN
I posted this in the landlord/tenant section, but no one answered. I'm hoping someone here can answer...

I posted a while back about evicting the tenants in my mother's rental home. (long story short, no contract, they promised to buy, never got the financing, made a mess out of the property, tried selling trees out of the woods, etc.) We had our first court date. They were never served so it was delayed 2 weeks. We went back 2 weeks later and their lawyer could not be there so it was put off again. We have since been mailed an agreement to purchase. As it is written, I'm not signing it. We are to go back to court 6/6. The tenant left a message on my mother's answering machine saying "we will tie this up in court for as long as humanly possible. And, while in court, you can't rent the house or sell the house." We are being held a financial prisoner.
My question is...how many appeals and delays can they get? Is there a limit? Also, if the judge gives a date in which they need to leave the house, but they appeal, can that date be enforced or do they get to stay there rent free until this is all settled?
One last question...if we don't win and they buy the property, can I sue for loss of income. We went to sell trees 6 months ago and they were kicked off of the property by the tenants, even though I called days prior informing them that they were coming, and the same thing happened to the farmer that cash rented the field.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">