• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dinpoudel

california

i came to usa in dv lottey visa and it had been 2 months i had been here but i have not recieved my green card yet. yesterday i had a conversatation with a friend and came across to a point that there is a number that i can call to find out or to inquire about my green card. Can anyone please tell me what is that numbet i call to find out about the status of my green card.

Thanking you

Dinesh

evcalyptos

Dinpoudel said:
california

i came to usa in dv lottey visa and it had been 2 months i had been here but i have not recieved my green card yet. yesterday i had a conversatation with a friend and came across to a point that there is a number that i can call to find out or to inquire about my green card. Can anyone please tell me what is that numbet i call to find out about the status of my green card.

Thanking you

Dinesh
This is weird, your old posts say you are a us citizen, on your way to a naturalization interview and now a newly arrived DV winner--what's up?
You should be able to find the toll free number on the uscis.gov website, but their info is not always correct!

Dinpoudel

yeah am going for an citizenship interview but am helping out friends and family to find out the information that's why i posted this thread but thanks for the advice.

evcalyptos

Dinpoudel said:
yeah am going for an citizenship interview but am helping out friends and family to find out the information that's why i posted this thread but thanks for the advice.
Oh, OK. As a DV winner, your friend should have received their green card within the first 2 months --typically--.

If you called the 1-800 number and they could not tell you anything, the only other alternative is to make an appointment with InfoPass to go to the district office and see what you can find out. Because this can take time and travel, the friend might just want to wait a bit. Their passport should be stamped for one year's value, so they always have that proof of their status.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">