• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police broke my nose

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ChrisropherMJ27

...from Rhode Island...I was walking home early Saturday the 8th...I heard a man shout "hey where are you going"...I immediately ran...was tackled knocked unconcious and woke up cuffed and lying in a large pool of blood...I asked what i was being arrested for...was told disorderly conduct...transported to hospital...x-rayed...broken nose...when released by justice of the peace 9:30am...shocked to read I was now being charged with assault on police officer...do people actually win cases against police...what should i do...can a public defender handle a trial like this...any advice would be appreciated...I am shocked by the police report...it's a total fabrication...they are obviously trying to protect themselves from a civil suit...

Q

qadaq

People can and do win cases against the police, especially where there's a jury involved. Did whoever tackled you identify himself as a police officer before he attacked you? Did you ever look at him? Was he in uniform? If you had no way of knowing he was a cop he's hosed. It's possible if he never identified himself as a cop he's hosed. It's a public defender's job to handle these things. Any witnesses? What was going on anyway?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">