• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kavasagi

What is the name of your state?New Jersey

I was involved in accident.The police report states that it's my fault.I am not agrreing with police report.Officer helped other driver when he was writing his version of the report.Other driver changed his report twice acoording to officers guidance.Even after other driver finished report i puy my version of report underneath his.When i got the police report i didn't see my version of report and other drivers statement is also changed.
I talk to my insurance company and they are telling me to talk to officer or his supirior.Is their anything i can do legally.Officer also sent me ticket for careless driving at home.Initial at time of accident i didn't recieve any.
Thanks

Lynx 36

If you didn't think you were careless driving then plead not guilty. If the officer who gave you the ticket and didn't witness the alleged careless driving, then their case against you is already weakened.

As far as insurance companies, they look at PR's differently. The insurance will do their own investigation and decide liability. It doesn't necessarily matter what the police officer said in the report.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">