• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible defective car and dealer knew it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kklblue1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

My son bought a 2012 Chevy Sonic with still original factor warranty on it. He purchased in on 3/4 and the factory warranty expired on 3/15. He was given an additional 30 day 1000 miles warranty by the dealership. We had it in on March 15 because the transmission was slipping when driving between 15 to 18 mph and on 1 occasion it wouldn't shift into 3rd gear. They looked it over and found nothing wrong. 3 weeks later we had to pull over and shut the car down for 10 minutes because it wouldn't shift into 3rd and we were in traffic.

While picking up my daughter from a different Chevy dealer I inquired about our Sonic, provided the VIN and they gave me a list of all the warranty and recall work that has been done since the car came off assembly. This information was not provided to us when we bought the car. We asked for it but was not give it.

In the list it has had transmission work done several times in the past 2 years. Obviously they aren't correcting the issue. We now have it back to the dealership again, they are stating they can't find anything wrong. We are at our whits end.

Does anyone have any ideas. I just want a car that I don't have to worry the transmission is going to give out.

Thanks,

Kris

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Take a look at the following page: https://www.ag.state.mn.us/Consumer/Handbooks/MNCarLaws/MNCarLaws_2.asp

How many miles did the car have on it when purchased?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">