• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible Loop hole in Lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mszedwards

What is the name of your state?Florida
I was just looking over my lease and noticed something interesting. The following is stated in my lease and I quote "The term of this lease shall be for a period of twelve months and will begin at 12:01 am on March 24 2005 and end at midnight on February 28 2005." Now is this lease invalid due to the fact that the ending year is totally incorrect and due to the fact that even if the ending year was correct it is still not a twelve month lease. Please give me ideas as this could be my loop hole to move out without paying a break the lease fee.

Last edited:

south

No its not a loophole, I thought I better say that before thousands of landlords across the country go to kick their bad tenants out because the lease has a spelling mistake on it. :rolleyes:

mszedwards said:
What is the name of your state?Florida
I was just looking over my lease and noticed something interesting. The following is stated in my lease and I quote "The term of this lease shall be for a period of twelve months and will begin at 12:01 am on March 24 2005 and end at midnight on February 28 2005." Now is this lease invalid due to the fact that the ending year is totally incorrect and due to the fact that even if the ending year was correct it is still not a twelve month lease. Please give me ideas as this could be my loop hole to move out without paying a break the lease fee.

ENASNI

hmm ham hmm hmm hmm m

Haa hawwa hmm hmm.

I am trying to laugh like a girl here... someone get me a cough drop!

dearie.. No Judge is gonna take a loophole like this. Unless he/she is corrupt and a relative...

sheesh.

thanks for the laugh...

Leap year... leap hole..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">