• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Postnuptial agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

I'll follow up with them again and again as needed, but meanwhile any advice on getting my lawyers to respond to and work on my case in a timely manner, or something else I should consider if they continue to be unresponsive, would be much appreciated.
Unresponsive to what? Try calling them up and talking to them.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
any advice on getting my lawyers to respond to and work on my case in a timely manner, or something else I should consider if they continue to be unresponsive, would be much appreciated.
Squeaky wheel, and all that.

c.m

Unresponsive to what? Try calling them up and talking to them.
I've called them many times before but not since the divorce by publication request. I plan to after the next mycase followup. I do believe calling is often more effective in getting a response though may leave less of a paper trail / record of what was discussed (which is why I, and sometimes the legal team, submit a summary of the call and plan for action via mycase afterwards).

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I've called them many times before but not since the divorce by publication request. I plan to after the next mycase followup. I do believe calling is often more effective in getting a response though may leave less of a paper trail / record of what was discussed (which is why I, and sometimes the legal team, submit a summary of the call and plan for action via mycase afterwards).
You're even allowed to show and knock on their door, ya know?

c.m

Judgment of divorce recently processed. Finally.

Over 3 years after filing, delayed in part due to wife moving back overseas and pandemic court closures.

Over $20,000 in legal fees.

Uncontested.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

Over 3 years after filing, delayed in part due to wife moving back overseas and pandemic court closures.

Uncontested.
Thanks for the update! At least it's done.

Bali Hai Again

Uncontested.
The cost sounds contested or prices are really going up in the great State of New York.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">