• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hadassa414

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
My fiance, we are getting married in two weeks, is writting up power of attorney forms for us as he is in the National Guard and being deployed. My question is this, the forms are filled out in my maiden name. Will I have a problem using the forms once my name change goes into effect?

H

hexeliebe

No. But he can forestall any future problems by wording the POA with your maiden name and including your future 'married' name. Either way, you are who you are. And it takes time to change all your identification to reflect the married name so unless you have to complete the forms in a particular way, there's no real problem.

H

hadassa414

thank you

Thank you for the response. I'm going to see if he has the papers all written up or if he can still add my married name to the forms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">