• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre no contact order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MilGuy3143SC

Back story: Military memeber (male), married (to female civilian), 1 kid, I am currently deployed, stationed in SC (part of username).

I have a female friend (civilian) who is married to a military member (male) back in MA. Her and I have been talking, she’s been go through rough time with pregnancy, 1 kid already, 1 kid on the way. Recently her husband requested a divorce but no paperwork yet. Her words: “He’s unstable, has PTSD, needs help but is in denial, covers it up with alcolism and hate for others.” No physical abuse to her or her kid. Emotional abuse I’m sure.

I’m going through a rough time with emotionally/verbally abusive wife. Didn’t realize it was happening for years until people of deployment were like “She shouldn’t talk to you like that. Are you alright?” Constantly threatening divorce or taking my kid away, using my love of my kid against me. She’s also unstable needing professional mental health but puts off the appointments.

My friend and I developed feelings for each. Talking online only.

Her husband finds out, contacts my wife with screenshots. Screenshots show us talking. No plans for divorce or plans to be together (in screenshots/proof). Mention of a wedding when we’re 90. Pics also of my face only, nothing inappropriate. So he is reaching out to my home unit to push for a no contact order.

Questions:

Can I fight the no contact order? Claim friendly circumstances? This guy not handling things directly with me first?

If I get divorced, can I have the no contact order re-evaluated? Or if she gets divorced, same question?

Lastly, I’m open to advice on any of this. Got 3 months left. Staying focused on the mission. Just wanting to be more prepared.

Thanks.

SC

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
If and when you're 1) out of the military or 2) both divorced, then you can ask for the No Contact to be lifted. Until then, you really don't have a leg to stand on. Because you and she both know the path this is going down.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">