• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prejudicial Action by Property Manager during Covid 19 surge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eekamouse

Here's the thing though. You know a lease is a legally binding document. You could have gotten a sample lease from them, had you asked ahead of time and taken it to a lawyer to help you understand what you would be agreeing to. You didn't. Your home is not clean or not clean enough. Bringing in a professional cleaner to do a much needed thorough cleaning does have some risk but with the proper protective gear, the likelihood of you catching Covid is not that huge of a risk. Have you called any cleaning companies to at least find out what their policies are to protect customers they clean for?

Rekall

Here's the thing though. You know a lease is a legally binding document. You could have gotten a sample lease from them, had you asked ahead of time and taken it to a lawyer to help you understand what you would be agreeing to. You didn't. Your home is not clean or not clean enough. Bringing in a professional cleaner to do a much needed thorough cleaning does have some risk but with the proper protective gear, the likelihood of you catching Covid is not that huge of a risk. Have you called any cleaning companies to at least find out what their policies are to protect customers they clean for?
Here is the thing as I see it - Psychopaths come in all shapes and sizes; infect our civilization like a hidden plague.
They come from all ages and stratums of society - from bums on the street to Presidents. Covid 19 can be detected and tracked - psychopaths who say end up as managers of apt. complexes are more subtle and hard to detect - Often not until it is too late and they have done damage, sometimes life threatening damage to their victim - Like serial killers, who once they get a taste for murder must continue - The 'control freak' psycho gets gratification by sadistically messing with their victim - They look for the rules, regulations, and clauses that allow them to inflict pain and suffering.
You know how wealthy people are often suing someone for 'pain and suffering'? If you are not wealthy some assume your supposed to be living in a world of pain and suffering - And a sadistic property manager managing a low income housing project fits the bill and assures that "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned" - And old men are their favorite targets - especially when disabled.

Just Blue

Here is the thing as I see it - Psychopaths come in all shapes and sizes; infect our civilization like a hidden plague.
They come from all ages and stratums of society - from bums on the street to Presidents. Covid 19 can be detected and tracked - psychopaths who say end up as managers of apt. complexes are more subtle and hard to detect - Often not until it is too late and they have done damage, sometimes life threatening damage to their victim - Like serial killers, who once they get a taste for murder must continue - The 'control freak' psycho gets gratification by sadistically messing with their victim - They look for the rules, regulations, and clauses that allow them to inflict pain and suffering.
You know how wealthy people are often suing someone for 'pain and suffering'? If you are not wealthy some assume your supposed to be living in a world of pain and suffering - And a sadistic property manager managing a low income housing project fits the bill and assures that "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned" - And old men are their favorite targets - especially when disabled.
This entire rant is irrational. You should consider seeking psychological help...I say this not to be rude or mean but your postings make you seem paranoid.

Requiring another inspection because your apartment is not properly cleaned, doesn't make the PM a psychopath, a sadist or controlling. S/he is just doing their job. You have been given very reasonable options on how to comply with very little/no risk to your health and I recommend you follow that advice.

Rekall

This entire rant is irrational. You should consider seeking psychological help...I say this not to be rude or mean but your postings make you seem paranoid.

Requiring another inspection because your apartment is not properly cleaned, doesn't make the PM a psychopath, a sadist or controlling. S/he is just doing their job. You have been given very reasonable options on how to comply with very little/no risk to your health and I recommend you follow that advice.
" You should consider seeking psychological help" - I bet I could get better psychological help then the mostly useless legal advice I've gotten here so far - Mostly obvious actions that I already thought of.

And using ad hominem attack because you do not agree is wasted - I don't give a dam - If I can't explore fully an action which I consider unjust, true or false, why bother - Most everyone spends most of their thinking talking to themselves anyway - A forum, in my opinion, should encourage outside of the box thinking - Just in case it may be right.

You have not faced the individual I dealt with, nor experienced all interactions to know why I'm exploring a line of thinking you call 'paranoid'

Once saw this on a cafe wall in CA:
"If you think you're paranoid 'cause their out to get you
- Maybe you're not paranoid because they are out to get you!"

Laws, rules, and regulations are supposedly impartial - But in fact how often is this true?

Humans are not by nature impartial - they are prejudicial - Often - And see things the way they want.

This thread was started by me because, in my opinion the apt. which I just cleaned was basically clean.

Of course everyone might have their own definition of clean
- In reading their definition of clean in re-inspection notice it means have apt. like new and ready for the nest occupant.

And paranoid - Here is paranoid - maybe they want me to pay to have the apt. super cleaned so they can then kick me out and not have to spend the money to clean it before they rent it to someone else?

Or is it like Freud said: "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar"?

Don't know - but you can quote me on this:

In order to fully understand the reality of something, one should look at it from a fantasy perspective
- As the division between fantasy and reality may not be as sharp as you think it is.

I know the law says otherwise - but laws are always subject to interpretation - And Human prejudice is always present.

LdiJ

You are assuming that the property manager's opinion that the apartment is not properly cleaned is correct, AND that the fact that the apartment is not properly cleaned is a matter governed by the lease.

Some property managers are honestly a bit (or more than a bit) over the top when it comes to inspections.

Eekamouse

You think the PM is wrong to want your apartment cleaner than what it is. That it's some great conspiracy against you to get you out of there. I doubt it. However, if you get it cleaned, there'll be no reason to evict you so problem solved. You just don't want to comply so it has to be a conspiracy for you to feel justified. Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">