• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

premeditated termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Seanl9941

What is the name of your state? Oregon
hope i dont get in trouble for telling my story,

first of all some background, graduated high school in 03' im 22 ,23 in mid june i have worked here since i was 18, young dumb first job..etc but i survived 4 years 8months.

situation 1: called HR on store director for making sexual comments"your neck looks like my ballsack","do you stuff your pants"(while pointing to my pants)
i called HR about this they said OMG thats horrible we will take care of this, weeks went by he was still runnin the place, i call hr back and SHE yells "WE are taking care of this its taken care of".i asked why isnt he fired...etc she said she cannot answer any questions except to say its taken care of.

situation 2: smokers at the store have to stand out by their car, but anyone who loves a good ol dip(chewing tobacco) in the afternoon desides to just sit in the break room grab the nearest half full mcdonalds cup or 7up bottle or just drag the trashcan over to there chair and have a good spittin party , even seen one manager stand up (playing wii bowling in the break room) and from about 6 feet up spit into a mcdonalds cup..miss..wipe with shoe contine playing/spitting in cup , tons of people complained about it amungst them self i was the only one to take it higher i talked to a corp guy who used to work in this store , that worked for about an hour.. they had the nerve to just sit back there and LOCK the door to one of there managers office, i would knock and knock if i needed them, and they would stall and stall, and open the door with there hands over there mouths..like give me a break...wtf. they leave bottles in the breakroom and other managers offices,bottles like 20oz bottles filled half full with no caps, the smell makes me gag. now they just stand behind the store and do it(which is also the car audio dept) so they are making a mess back there now. probably do it in the store also i just stopped paying attention.

situation 3:every 6 months we get a review and a raise if we are deserving of it,based on a 1-5 scale 3being 25cent 4=35cents 5=50cents, while everyone around me got a review and signed a piece of paper, i got a 25cent raise but no review i bugged the hell out of my manager(not ball guy) he said somthin like "your position is new and its harder to do a review ill have it done by ..whenever".. i got nothing, a month went by nothing, i got a raise why should i complain...i just wanted the review as well, i have been there for a long time i knew how it worked (4years 8months to be exact)

then a week later>....This happend.

which brings me to # 4: that old Hr lady is gone fired/quit who knows..new hr guy is hired and out of the blue my favorite manager who likes to talk about balls calls me into his office and tells me the hr guy is in town and wants to look over my write ups (being late here n there) other petty crap i cant prove i did or didnt do(leaving the company car door unlocked and getting written up for it 5 days later).so he calls me in and tells me i am on administrative leave, dont call or come by the store or talk about it to anyone.
5 days later i get a call i go in, i get fired, no REAL reason, jus "based on previous write ups" no other reason was givin, and i didnt want to ask this manager any questions he wouldnt of been able to help i know which sides these guys take, its all good.
the HR guy wasnt there the sexual harrassing manager wasnt there, they gave me my 2 weeks pay + 5 days adminlave + PTO, and said hit the road jack..

so, with all that nonsence being said do i have a case, i feel i was picked on, i made to much there i made almost as much as a "real" manager made(minus bonus which they never got anyway)
and based on my previous issues with the manager i think they were just getting rid of me, and finally found a way to do it. please help me out

is this premeditated wrongful Termination, is there a such thing?he did somthing to me to make me report it then 6 months later i get fired..coincidence? not if u knew this guy, and this company

yes i know this whole thing is an unorganized ramble-o-thon, but i have alot to talk about

thanks
Sean

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
"Oregon courts have long followed this general rule of "at-will" employment. This means that generally, in the absence of a contract or statute to the contrary, Oregon employers may discharge an employee at any time and for any reason, or for no reason at all. Simpson v. Western Graphics, 293 Or 96, 99, 643 P2d 1276 (1982); Nees v. Hocks, 272 Or 210, 216, 536 P2d 512 (1975)."
http://www.oregon.gov/BOLI/TA/T_FAQ_Employmentatwill.shtml

That means time to look for another job.

Seanl9941

alright im F'd

thanks for the responce, i have heard about this whole at will thing, buncha crap if you ask me

the stuff they get away with there, and they let it slide like its nothing then fire you 5 months later...

and i cant fight it? wat a joke
F oregon

anyone else have anything else to say

can i get unemployment? or is that some oregon Bs stopping me from doing that also

mlane58

situation 1: called HR on store director for making sexual comments"your neck looks like my ballsack","do you stuff your pants"(while pointing to my pants) i called HR about this they said OMG thats horrible we will take care of this, weeks went by he was still runnin the place, i call hr back and SHE yells "WE are taking care of this its taken care of".i asked why isnt he fired...etc she said she cannot answer any questions except to say its taken care of.
You do not have any rights to how the employer resloves the issue, just as long as the behavior stops.

situation 2: smokers at the store have to stand out by their car, but anyone who loves a good ol dip(chewing tobacco) in the afternoon desides to just sit in the break room grab the nearest half full mcdonalds cup or 7up bottle or just drag the trashcan over to there chair and have a good spittin party , even seen one manager stand up (playing wii bowling in the break room) and from about 6 feet up spit into a mcdonalds cup..miss..wipe with shoe contine playing/spitting in cup , tons of people complained about it amungst them self i was the only one to take it higher i talked to a corp guy who used to work in this store , that worked for about an hour.. they had the nerve to just sit back there and LOCK the door to one of there managers office, i would knock and knock if i needed them, and they would stall and stall, and open the door with there hands over there mouths..like give me a break...wtf. they leave bottles in the breakroom and other managers offices,bottles like 20oz bottles filled half full with no caps, the smell makes me gag. now they just stand behind the store and do it(which is also the car audio dept) so they are making a mess back there now. probably do it in the store also i just stopped paying attention.
Nothing illegal here.

situation 3:every 6 months we get a review and a raise if we are deserving of it,based on a 1-5 scale 3being 25cent 4=35cents 5=50cents, while everyone around me got a review and signed a piece of paper, i got a 25cent raise but no review i bugged the hell out of my manager(not ball guy) he said somthin like "your position is new and its harder to do a review ill have it done by ..whenever".. i got nothing, a month went by nothing, i got a raise why should i complain...i just wanted the review as well, i have been there for a long time i knew how it worked (4years 8months to be exact)
There isn't any law that states your employer has to give you a review or a raise.

Bottom line is, this wasn't a wrongful termination, you had an issue and HR stopped it. The other two complaints you make, just sound like whinning and you attempting to justify your termination being illegal, which again, it wasn't.

Seanl9941

yea, ok got it close it

ok yea i am whinning but i was requesting help, why do you have to be so rude about it, i just got fired from a job i actually liked for 5 years, course im gonna whine..

whatever no case, is no case ill get over it have a good day, close this and delete if possible please thank you

sean

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
ok yea i am whinning but i was requesting help, why do you have to be so rude about it, i just got fired from a job i actually liked for 5 years, course im gonna whine..

whatever no case, is no case ill get over it have a good day, close this and delete if possible please thank you

sean
Nobody was rude to you Sean.

seniorjudge

sean
I couldn't find any rudeness from any poster.

Point it out to me.

Please and thank you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
For the future, please remember that the obligation on the part of the employer is to make the offensive behavior stop.

They are not required to fire the guy. They are not required to make his discipline public. They are not required to tell you what action they took.

If the offensive behavior stops, they have met their obligation under the law.

simito66

Keep your head up!

Hey, Sean next time do some documentation of your own. You could of got that bast..d for sexual harassment. Take care and keep your head up, f... all these guys telling you sh_t!:D

seniorjudge

Hey, Sean next time do some documentation of your own. You could of got that bast..d for sexual harassment. Take care and keep your head up, f... all these guys telling you sh_t!:D
Please tell us your experience and qualifications.

A gracious and articulate person such as yourself should be a big success in life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">