• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Preschool Selection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ecmst12

OP never said she expected the school to TEACH the child english. She is looking for the school to REINFORCE the english teaching and help improve her skills. The child doesn't speak NO english, she's just a little behind.

CJane

Again, there's no order at this time, we are still legally married. I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything which may be used against me in the custody hearing.
If there's no order - nothing signed off by a judge, etc - then you can do as you deem appropriate for your child. And no. A judge is not terribly likely at all to find fault with you enrolling your child into a public preschool - for ANY reason, unless it's clearly an attempt to alienate the other parent, or interfere with the other parent's time with the child.

Go forth and parent your child as is your Constitutional right.

I appreciate all of the answers. I agree that it's a parent's responsibility to teach a child any basic skill, including a language. I do teach our daughter English, read English books to her, etc., but we don't use it as a primary language at home. She does understand and speak English, just not as well as our other language she's more fluent in. Again, I appreciate all legal and personal advice as I believe it's always beneficial to learn other's opinions.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I appreciate all of the answers. I agree that it's a parent's responsibility to teach a child any basic skill, including a language. I do teach our daughter English, read English books to her, etc., but we don't use it as a primary language at home. She does understand and speak English, just not as well as our other language she's more fluent in. Again, I appreciate all legal and personal advice as I believe it's always beneficial to learn other's opinions.
Seriously? Not a big deal. My brother started his educational path bilingually - and neither language was English. Yep, he went to Kindergarten (yes, in the US) speaking no English at all. It didn't hinder him at all. I learned English at the same time that he did, so I was ahead of the curve. I went to K trilingual. Whoop-dee. Your daughter will be fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">