• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Privacy Invasion Federal Inmate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Angieholbert15

I have a friend who is in federal prison. He was in a West Virginia prison but has recently been transferred to a Kentucky prison. Within the last week a guard told an inmate at the prison my friend was at in West Virginia, personal and private information about him. This guard told the other inmate (who has no relationship to my friend whatsoever) who visits him, who sends him money how much money they send, and who emailed him. We are mortified!! This is in the least a complete breach of his civil rights and privacy and we also feel this could have an element of danger to it at some time in the future. Not to mention the fact that the inmate has info into the lives of the people on my friends visitors list etc. It is a federal law that felons are not to have any contact with each other and now this guard has given this other inmate any and all the info he could ever want! Please help us!!!

I should have said that all of the info is proven facts.....none of the facts are in question as to whether it happened or not. We just want to know what to do about it.

Last edited:

quincy

I have a friend who is in federal prison. He was in a West Virginia prison but has recently been transferred to a Kentucky prison. Within the last week a guard told an inmate at the prison my friend was at in West Virginia, personal and private information about him. This guard told the other inmate (who has no relationship to my friend whatsoever) who visits him, who sends him money how much money they send, and who emailed him. We are mortified!! This is in the least a complete breach of his civil rights and privacy and we also feel this could have an element of danger to it at some time in the future. Not to mention the fact that the inmate has info into the lives of the people on my friends visitors list etc. It is a federal law that felons are not to have any contact with each other and now this guard has given this other inmate any and all the info he could ever want! Please help us!!!
Your friend will need to handle this.

How do you know what the guard told the inmate?

LdiJ

Your friend will need to handle this.

If the OP's personal information was part of the information given out, then this is just as much the OP's problem as it is the friend's.

quincy

If the OP's personal information was part of the information given out, then this is just as much the OP's problem as it is the friend's.
Possibly.

I am curious how Angie knows what a guard said to an inmate.

Angieholbert15

I am friends with the inmate that was given all the private info concerning the other inmate.

Angieholbert15

Possibly.

I am curious how Angie knows what a guard said to an inmate.
Inmate #2 told me everything

quincy

I am friends with the inmate that was given all the private info concerning the other inmate.
You are friends with both the prisoner transferred to Kentucky AND the prisoner who remains in West Virginia?

I suggest you tell your friend to not do anything nefarious with what he learned.

Last edited:

Angieholbert15

You are friends with both the prisoner transferred to Kentucky AND the prisoner who remains in West Virginia?

I suggest you tell your friend to not do anything nefarious with what he learned.
Him doing something "nefarious" with the info is the furthest thing from the wronged inmate's mind. We want to know if we should file a suit against not only the person who provided him the info but the prison in general and we also need to know where/how to start the process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">