• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Privacy law, interference of contract and anti-trust law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moffett8

What is the name of your state MD (only U.S. law)?
Are there privacy laws that apply to business transactions? Some transactions were in my name but were business related. Distributors I had placed orders gave out information about orders I placed without my consent and as a consequence the manufacture of products told distributor to cancel orders I had placed. The distributors followed manufacturers instructions. This hurt my business relationship with my customers and lowered and eliminated profits. Not sure if this is a privacy law issue, interference of contract or anti-trust violation of the law?

Thanks,

Philip

Mass_Shyster

There are no laws that I'm aware of that would prevent the distributor from releasing the information. The privacy laws I'm aware of are intended to prevent identity theft. It doesn't sound like that is an issue here.

Your loss of expected profits was due to the distributor refusing to sell you merchandise. Unless you had a contract that they broke, or were refused the sale due to illegal reasons (like discrimination), they are under no obligation to sell you the goods.

I don't think you have any legal recourse here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">