• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fconticello

Is it an invasion of my privacy for a municipality to forward my personal information (i.e. Name, home address, summons description ect.) to an attorney so that he can then solicit my business in defending me agains this offence? If so what legal remedies am I entitled to?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fconticello said:
Is it an invasion of my privacy for a municipality to forward my personal information (i.e. Name, home address, summons description ect.) to an attorney so that he can then solicit my business in defending me agains this offence? If so what legal remedies am I entitled to?
My response:

I don't believe anyone forwarded your name to any attorney.

Lawsuits are "Public Records", and typically, what some attorneys do, is scour those records at the courthouse for new lawsuits and then when they find the ones within their specialty, they then send letters to those litigants in an effort to get business.

Your privacy has not been breached because your address, etc., is part of that Public Record - - i.e., it's all in the lawsuit.

IAAL

F

fconticello

This wasn't a lawsuit. It was a traffic violation and I received a solicitation from an attorney throughthe mail 2 days later so it is unlikely that they were able to find this in public record.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Ticket, lawsuit, it's all the same. They're both in the public record.

And, you'd be surprised how fast those attorneys go through the records each and every day. Remember, those attorneys want to be first . . . and they don't let anything sit for more than a day.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">