• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

donald1

I was ordered to pay ($2,000)by the court following a plea bargain agreement on a fraud by check/($800 rent). I have been unable to consistantly make my payments. I have now reached the end of the payment term and have received a letter stating that i must pay the balance in full by 5/15/00 or "it will result in a complaint for the rvocation of my probation beng filed with the court". I have a meeting with my case mgr tommorrrow. my income has increased significantly ($40K) as i only earned 21,000 last year and pay 557/mo child support.
what are my options?
(a loan is not possible)
does it make sense to put me in jail if i am now in a position to finally pay on this?
please help

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donald1:
I was ordered to pay ($2,000)by the court following a plea bargain agreement on a fraud by check/($800 rent). I have been unable to consistantly make my payments. I have now reached the end of the payment term and have received a letter stating that i must pay the balance in full by 5/15/00 or "it will result in a complaint for the rvocation of my probation beng filed with the court". I have a meeting with my case mgr tommorrrow. my income has increased significantly ($40K) as i only earned 21,000 last year and pay 557/mo child support.
what are my options?
(a loan is not possible)
does it make sense to put me in jail if i am now in a position to finally pay on this?
please help
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You ask, "What are my options?" Well, let's see . . . . your income has increased dramatically . . . hmmm . . . .

How about: "Pay the debt before the 15th."

What am I missing here? Even after taxes are taken from your paycheck, and child support is subtracted, you still have an approximate yearly "take home" is $23,500.00. What appears to be the problem?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

D

donald1

i have only been earning 40k starting this year. i earned 21k gross last year.
I can make payments now i just don't know how agreeable my case mgr will be.
or what to expect if a complaint is filed to revoke my probation. I now have have a great job (laser optics company), stable relationship, and a new grandbaby. But I don't see how I could pay from jail or if i lose my job.
so i am not sure how to approach case mgr

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donald1:
i have only been earning 40k starting this year. i earned 21k gross last year.
I can make payments now i just don't know how agreeable my case mgr will be.
or what to expect if a complaint is filed to revoke my probation. I now have have a great job (laser optics company), stable relationship, and a new grandbaby. But I don't see how I could pay from jail or if i lose my job.
so i am not sure how to approach case mgr
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You can either say to her what you said here, and take a chance - - or, if you believe in your "first instincts", I would strongly suggest that you get the money from somewhere (friends, relatives) and put a Bank Certified Check on your case manager's desk, otherwise we'll see you on "visiting day."

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">