• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation violation from another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeanne Sheeps

I live in Las Vegas, NV. My boyfriend is on probation from Maine. He was picked up for a probation violation for getting kicked out of his court-mandated counseling and is being held in our local correctional facility. He has never been officially charged or been given his rights. He waived his extradition rights and we were told by his P.O. that Maine had 30 days to come and get him. The 30 days is now up and he is still sitting in jail. Doesn't Nevada have to release him,now that the time limit has passed?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/nrs-215a.html

Nevada may have it where if he waives his extradition rights and Maine has not gotten him, he may be subject to jurisdiction by Nevada.

I didn't see anything about a 30 day limit. BUt if he waived his extradition rights, he really has no recourse.

N

NGREEN

hey, small world...my husband was in a similar situation..(SC).but to make sure he didn't just "sit" in jail in one county before being extardited to another county i called his PO myself and informed him that my husband was ready to be transported. similar thing his public defender told me that they had 14 days to come get him and if the jail system was giving him any troubles about being released he would check into it. However, when i called and told his Po he was picked up in 3 days.....also i think it depends on how far the PO would have to travel in order to get your boyfriend ....hopes this helps...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">