• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

problems from c-section

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


what next?

In 1998 I had a csection for a frist birth. At 6 week checkup told dr I could not feel my bladder, had to feeling to urineate, couldn't even tell when bladder was very full. He said I had a major surgery and it would take quite some time to heal and get back to normal. I saw him a year later, again told him I had no sensations, he again said it would take time, was major surgery, etc. He moved away a few months later, I became pregnant with second child, and saw new dr. mentioned to new dr that I was having problems with kidney pain because of not waking at night to urnineate, since I had to sesation to do so, asked how long she thought it would be until I could feel bladder again, and what if this second child was csection, would it be another couple of years until I felt anything. She said I never should have lost sensation, and as soon as I delivered current child, she'd refer me to specialist. I have since seen specialist, did tests, bladder is fine, works great, just no sensation. Dr's think it maybe nerve damage done during csection, I will need to see a neurologist next. Should I get a lawyer before continuing to see new dr, or wait until all testing is done? It has now been 2 years and 4 months since csection and onset of trouble. I am angry that dr who did csection did not refer me for assistance right away and lied and said it was normal. I have spoken to many drs and nurses and no one has heard of anyone losing sensation like this. I feel he knew this and was just stalling me hoping I would not look into it further. If he hadn't moved out of state, I wouldn't have, because I'd still be seeing him and he'd still be putting me off about it. What should I do next?



I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

YOU NEED TO SEEK A MEDICAL MALPRACTICE RIGHT AWAY NOW THAT YOU GOT YOUR SECOND OPINION WHICH HAS ESSENTIALLY NOTIFIED YOU OF AN INJURY. NOW THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS BEGINS. Seek a medical malpractice attorney who will guide you through your next check ups and tests and start a malpractice suit against the idiot who did this to you.

Try attorneypages.com OR Contact your state bar association by calling 411. Once you get through to them, ask for lawyer referral to someone who has worked with medical malpractice in the area of births, c-sections, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential