• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

problems with stepmother and other stuff

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hey Mommyto2, I just went through this last year with my ex and his wife. My ex had his wife send the school an email on his behalf. The school already had a copy of the court order that the wife is not to be involved period. They emailed her back and asked her to have my ex contact them. He never did.

We went to court shortly after, and the judge ordered her not to have contact with me period, not to attend any parent conference meetings, not to have any contact with doctors, or schools, and she was not allowed to pick up and drop off my daughter any more. I did allow her to attend award ceremonies and athletic events. You have every right to object to taped conversations, and I know here in Louisiana it is inadmissable most of the time but most of the judges frown on taped conversations. My ex tried playing tapes of our telephone conversations and he got thrown out of the court room. The judge told him that he had too much time on his hand and that he wasted his time playing those tapes because they actually helped me out. She said those conversations did not contain information that would be harmful to anyone and said that he was pathetic.

I would get something in writing from your study group regarding the meeting that you attended. That might be more suitable for you and the ex when you go back to court.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">